Building lives is as embedded in our corporate culture as building homes. Some of our greatest honors and pleasures come from donating what we can and sharing what we’ve learned to the benefit of us all.
DD Puri Foundation
The founders of Classic Homes formed the DD Puri foundation in 1998 as a central means of helping others around the world. DD Puri’s earliest work included:
- Funding for a massive expansion of the Patiala School for the Deaf and Blind in rural India.
- Creating the DD Puri Scholarship program in partnership with Windle Trust Kenya, providing opportunities for young people living in the Kakuma Refugee Camp.
When ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition asked us to partner with them to build a home in just four days for a worthy recipient, Classic Homes accepted the challenge, motivated by the sacrifices Ms. Felicia Jackson had made to care for 14 children.
- With the help of 30 bricklayers, 60 framers and countless vendors, a new 4,800 s.f. home was completed on time.
- Framers worked through the day and night, framing the entire home in less than one day—ahead of the show’s schedule.
After observing that naturopathic care was cost prohibitive for many, Classic Homes co-founder Amita Jain opened this nonprofit to make holistic health care affordable and accessible for anyone seeking alternative solutions to healing.
- Vedic Health is an Ayurvedic Clinic, evaluating patients using traditional methods to determine the root cause of their imbalances. Protocols often lead to improvements in 30 to 90 days.
- Various services offered include Panchakarma cleansing and detox therapies, energy healing, counseling, classes and yoga therapy.
Friends of Sparsh
Classic Homes partners with Friends of Sparsh, a non-profit organization founded in 2018 “to enhance the life of others with service, kindness and compassion.” Together with co-founders Prakash Saraf and his then-13-year-old son Neev, we hold fundraising campaigns and match all contributions raised.
- To date, the organization has provided assistance to 46 families with basic items such as televisions, mattresses, furniture and kitchen essentials, helping in the transition from temporary to permanent housing.
- With the help of volunteers, Friends of Sparsh coordinates meals for shelter residents and has served over 60,000 full meals.
- With the onset of Covid-19, Friends of Sparsh doubled their efforts, distributing masks to the local homeless community and providing daily meals.
Let’s start at the front door of your dreams.
More than bedrooms and baths, tell us what you want to come home to. Turning needs and desires into blueprints for your lifestyle is our specialty.